Days Of Surrender, New Album From J. Marco
"J. Marco is making waves in the Nashville rock scene."
- No Country For New Nashville
Stream Below, or download here
- J. Marco’s forthcoming album, Days of Surrender is alternative rock in bright neon. Tinged with a static feedback hum–emblematic of Nashville’s indie scene–the record successfully combines strong, catchy melodies with the punchiness and raw emotion of modern punk. - All Things Go
Days of Surrender, a parade of rock anthems celebrating his roots in pop-punk and populist rock. Songs like “Now That It’s Over” and “See Her Tonight” stab right into the heart of radio-ready, feel-good rock ’n’ roll. - Nashville Scene
Unlike some of his more polished, glitzy, and sterile local indie, pop, and garage rock contemporaries, J. Marco manages to maintain the raw, gritty earnestness of his punk upbringing, and funnel it into guitar-driven, hook-laden, anthemic rock bliss. - No Country For New Nashville
J. Marco has touched ground and his sophomore record is indie-rock par excellence. - All Things Go
J. Marco places a passion-driven emphasis on pure alt-rock guitar riffs and catchy yet accessible melodies. - Earmilk
- Young and old can flock to J. Marco, part of today’s wave of up-and-coming rockers keeping a beloved genre alive. His message is timeless, relatable and infectious, his music bold, catchy and provocative. - Atwood Magazine
J. Marco has kept on his grind, pursuing a Foo Fighters-adjacent sound that’s heavy on riffs and low on bullshit. - Nashville Scene
On his second solo album, Days of Surrender, alt rocker J. Marco is a triple threat. As the sole songwriter, singer and lead guitarist on the recording, the Nashville-based artist shows his raw talent with ease. - Substream Magazine
Emotionally vulnerable and full of all new sounds for listeners to dive into, Days Of Surrender is out now and ready to be heard by the world. - The Prelude Press
Press quotes from previous album, Myth
"Castaway (MYTH) reveals J. Marco’s strength as an undeniably strong songwriter/storyteller with a knack for harmony and hook grabbing rock that reflects a young Tom Petty." - Glide Magazine
"With bold anthemic flavors that make you want to jump in and sing-along, Nashville–based guitarist/songwriter J. Marco is swooning his way into your heart." -Grimy Goods
"(MYTH) showcases the talented artists’ knack for crafting buzzworthy indie rock." - No Country For New Nashville
“Stranger In The Night,” (MYTH) is a warm, fuzzy rock tune that thrives in a layered fabric of guitar into which Marco’s vocals are sewn, indistinguishable from the other elements." - Magnet Magazine
"(MYTH) is reminiscent of The War on Drugs and The Paper Kites meets Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Intrigued yet?" - The Daily Listening
- J. Marco recorded a soon to be released Daytrotter session.
- Lightning 100 Sponsored the J. Marco "Days Of Surrender" Album Release Show
- Nashville Scene chose the Days Of Surrender album release show as a "Critic's Pick"
- Singles from "Days Of Surrender" have been featured on Spotify's Fresh Finds and featured on Alternative Press
- J. Marco appeared on Today In Nashville CBS.
- J. Marco won all online voting rounds of Lightning 100's Music City Mayhem, and played the final round show at Nashville's Marathon Music Works.
- "The Void" is currently receiving daily regular plays on Nashville's Lightning 100.
- Myth listed in "Notable Releases" in Nashville Lifestyles Magazine, among Kings Of Leon, Rascal Flatts & others.
- "The Void" is on regular rotation at Nashville's ACME Radio
- "The Void" music video premiered by Ditty TV in Memphis
- "The Void" added to Topsify's "Indie Darlings" Spotify Playlist
- J. Marco teams up with PAWS Organization for Holiday charity campaign, in which 100% of digital revenue will be donated to animals in need.
All Things Go - ANGSTY, NOT WHINY: A DISCUSSION WITH J. MARCO
Alternative Press - Alt Rock Musician J. Marco Releases New Song "Say Goodbye"
Substream Magazine - J. Marco Sings Of Toxic Love On Say Goodbye
All Access - Nashville Alt Rocker J. Marco Discusses New Album Days Of Surrender
Atwood Magazine - PREMIERE: LOVE, HOPE, AND HUNGER IN J. MARCO’S ANTHEMIC “SEE HER TONIGHT”
Digital Tour Bus - J. Marco: First Concert Ever
Pancakes and Whiskey - Song Premiere: Now That It's Over by J. Marco
No Country For New Nashville - No Country Premiere: J. Marco Unveils "Bad News" Ahead of New LP Release
Earmilk - Album Reviews: J. Marco - Days Of Surrender (8.5)
FSHN Magazine - J. Marco Announces New Album, Days Of Surrender
CelebMix - EXCLUSIVE: Interview With J. Marco
Vents Magazine - Intervew: J. Marco
The Prelude Press - Q&A with J. Marco
Glide Magazine -" J. MARCO BRINGS DEFIANT POWER ROCK ON “CASTAWAY”
Nashville Scene - Critic's Pick: J. Marco Days Of Surrender Album Release Show
Nashville Lifestyles Magazine - "NEW ALBUMS: OCTOBER 2016"
Grimy Goods - "STREAM J. MARCO’S NEW SINGLE “THE VOID” — AN ANTHEMIC POWER POP BALLAD FULL OF NOSTALGIA"
No Country For New Nashville - "J. MARCO RELEASES "LONG WAY DOWN" AHEAD OF DEBUT LP"
The Daily Listening - [LISTEN] J. MARCO – “STRANGER IN THE NIGHT”
East of 8th - “STRANGER IN THE NIGHT” – NEW MUSIC from J. MARCO"
Review Fix - "Review Fix Exclusive: J Marco Talks ‘Stranger In The Night’ And More"
Magnet Magazine - "MP3 AT 3PM - J. MARCO" http://www.magnetmagazine.com/2016/09/06/mp3-at-3pm-j-marco/
Alternative Addiction - "J. Marco's Moving On With New Solo Album, Myth"
No Country For New Nashville - "THIS WEEKEND IN NASHVILLE"
Long before moving to Nashville and kicking off his songwriting career, J. Marco listened to records in his Massachusetts bedroom, moving between the fast-moving fuzz of punk-rock and the hard-hitting hooks of pop music. Years later, he combines both of those genres and more on Days Of Surrender, his second album as a solo artist.
Days Of Surrender finds J. Marco pulling triple-duty as singer, songwriter, and lead guitarist. He covers a good deal of ground along the way, from the album's propulsive single, "Love Don't Matter" to the anthemic rock & roll of "See Her Tonight" "Now That It's Over" & "Say Goodbye.” Gluing the entire album together is an emphasis on guitar riffs and undeniable melodies, the same two ingredients that connected most of Marco's childhood influences.